Big Announcement August 14, 2015

This week has been quite the whirlwind, well, let me start off with this entire month has been a little crazy. I made a big decision back in June to transfer to an elementary school that was closer to home for a variety of reasons. For the last three years I have been teaching elementary Physical Education and I have loved it, but my commute was about an hour away and it just got to be too much and I felt like I was missing precious time with my son. I made a very tough decision and took a Kindergarten position (which is what I taught for two years prior to teaching PE). Though I am excited to go back into the classroom, it has been very overwhelming and stressful trying to remember everything I need to have ready. I have been super busy getting my classroom ready and getting myself ready for this big change. My son has been such a good little trooper hanging out in my classroom while I'm busy putting it together. 


Meanwhile I've been running my Beachbody Coaching business from home, running challenge groups, a new Food Prepping group and trying to help new people with their health and fitness goals. Because of all of this going on I have felt EXTREMELY tired and just a little...not myself.

Last Wednesday, I began having these dizzy spells off and on. I started to worry that my thyroid was off again because exhaustion, dizziness and a foggy memory all happen when my thyroid levels are off.  But then...this little voice started telling me something else. Monday evening this little intuition was getting stronger and louder, by Tuesday it just wouldn't go away and I just knew...

So after working in my classroom and meeting with some colleagues I took a little detour to the store, walked up and down every isle deep in thought before checking out and coming home. Sonny was probably thinking, "What is wrong with Mommy?"

I came home and at 5:30pm Tuesday, August 11, 2015 my intuition was confirmed with this!
Yes I took two, because I just couldn't believe it!

Now, this may come as a shock, but I am going to tell the whole truth...I broke down! You see, I am a type A OCD very ORGANIZED planner and this just through me for a loop. YEP YOU GUESSED IT ...SURPRISE!

I spent much of Tuesday evening crying. I called my husband immediately hysterical, then I called my sister sobbing, I called my best friend sobbing and all I could say was oh no! BECAUSE...

-I just wasn't ready yet.
-I just lost all this weight.
-My sister's wedding is next week.
-I'm finally feeling like me again.
-I'm building my business and wanted to be more successful before having our next child.
-This wasn't my plan.
-I have so much going on right now.
-How is Sonny going to adjust
... blah blah blah...I'll blame it on the pregnancy hormones and SHOCK, but all I kept pointing out was the negatives and I feel very guilty about that. 

But all everyone kept saying is, "it's ok, why are you crying?"

 It took me until the next day to feel better and let it all sink in. I spent the day with Sonny, not working AT ALL...we went swimming, then we went shopping for his school supplies and some new books. We had a great day and as we spent the day together I just kept smiling ear to ear thinking about how happy Sonny makes me and that's what this new baby is going to do, bring more happiness to our family and to my life. 

Each day this week my husband and I have shared the great news with more family and friends. We are terrible at keeping secrets this big. ;) With each person we tell, the more and more excited we are getting. I know it is very early, but we just couldn't stand not to share this with the world! As I sit here writing this post with my son on my lap, I just keep thinking about the little life growing inside of me and what he or she is going to be like. I also am thinking how did Sonny ever fit in my belly lol. 

So yes, my initial reaction was not something I am proud of, but I think there are some of you that can relate. My point behind all of this IS...God has a plan. God planned everything perfectly for this baby to become possible and I feel so blessed to be given the opportunity to expand our family. It wasn't in the time line I had picked out, but I am sure the dear Lord is laughing at "my plan" hehe.  
I am healthier than I have ever been in my life so I guess in a sense, the timing is perfect. Our family of three is expanding to  a family of four and we are so excited!

Even more than ever now, I have to focus on a healthy lifestyle!

Healthy nutrition,  exercise (watch out challengers, baby bump and squats are happening!), a healthy mind and good vibes. 

I told myself in January that I was going to be in the best shape of my life for my 30th birthday. With my birthday less than a month away, it looks like I was successful. Not only am I in the best shape and healthier than ever, but I'm growing a life. Pretty amazing!

Lot's of big changes this year and it looks like I'll be growing a baby and a business! <3







Comments

  1. Congratulations Jesha! I am so very happy for you. You are a wonderful attentive mommy and this baby is blessed to have you, Tim and little Sonny for their family!

    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura! That means the world to me! <3 I know this new addition will bring so much joy to our already very happy and blessed family.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts