Salisbury Steak w/ Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts




Ok, first of all let me just say...I HATE brussels sprouts. Or at least I did until I whipped up this new recipe. I've been wanting to add a different veggie to the dinner plate, but felt stuck. While I was in Michigan this past week, my sister and I started talking about our favorite veggie dishes and I said I very much disliked brussels sprouts. She had mentioned trying roasted Brussels sprouts...so then my creative mind set in and I thought, why not roast with a little grated parmesan??? BEST IDEA EVER!!! DELICIOUS and my husband loved them too!

This recipe will be enough for 4 servings. I'm going to break down this recipe by first telling you what you need to do for the Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts so you can get those in the oven. Then, I'll give you Salisbury Steak and Homemade Mushroom Gravy ingredients and recipe. 




Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts

* 16oz brussels sprouts 
* olive oil cooking spray
* 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
* 1 TBSP EVOO
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 1/2 tsp garlic powder

First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Then, cover a cookie sheet in foil and spray with cooking spray. Next, slice the brussels sprouts in half and pour in a bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and mix together. Lastly, spread out on the baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes. You will begin working on your salisbury steak and mushroom gravy while the brussels are baking.






Salisbury Steak & Mushroom Gravy

*1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
*1 lb sliced mushrooms
*Seasoning for meat (we like Montreal Steak Seasoning)
*1 TBSP flour
*2 TBSP EVOO
*1.5 Cups + 2 TBSP of Swanson ALL NATURAL Beef Broth 

First, you will want to season your meat and massage the seasoning throughout the meat. Then, make 4 individual patties like would would for burgers. Next, grill patties until desired temperature. We like MEDIUM when using lean ground beef.

While the patties are cooking, saute your mushroom in the EVOO. Saute for about 4 minutes then add 2 TBSP of beef broth. Continue to saute until mushrooms are cooked down and soft. Next, sprinkle in the 1 TBSP of flour, stir in with mushrooms immediately, then whisk in the 1.5 cups of beef broth. Make sure heat is between medium and high so that the broth can start to boil and thicken. WHISK CONTINUOUSLY until desired thickness. Once you gravy is to desired thickness, turn heat down to low until ready to serve. 

Once everything is finished, place the patty on a plate and top with mushroom gravy. Serve Brussels on the side. Delish! 
For my 21 Day Fixers, this recipe will be 1 red, 1.5 green, 1/2 yellow & 2 tsp   
***(Brussels are 1 green container, mushroom gravy is 1/2 a green and 1/2 yellow)

Comments

Popular Posts